Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Happy 1st Birthday Anniversary to Leif and Erik!

I can't believe it's been a year. Time is weird.

I made a sort of picture video showing the growth over their first year for both of my oldest two children to show at their first birthday parties. As I contemplated the the upcoming anniversary of the birth of Leif and Erik I knew I wanted to make a video for them too. I knew it would be a little different, but I knew I'd make one anyway.

You may be surprised by the song I picked, but the meaning for me is much different than the probable intended meaning of the artist.

Several weeks after Leif and Erik were born I was driving my oldest son to school and I heard "Daylight" for the first time. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I was hearing all the emotion of that one beautiful day we had Leif and Erik with us in this song. Not wanting to say goodbye to my sons, but knowing that I would have to and making the most of the time we had holding them close.

After listening a few times I decided I would have to make a video with this song. I went to Wikipedia to look up any information about the song and found out something interesting. Maroon 5 posted a request on their website for people to share their stories as a way to help create a music video for the song. They called it the "Daylight Project". According to the news source it was posted on 9/18/12. The very day I was experiencing MY story.

Here it is:




7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! That was so touching. Your boys were so beautiful. You have a lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful video Michelle! The music was absolutely perfect. I feel so much peace and love looking at your photos of Leif and Erik's birth day. I hope today was full of those same wonderful feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Michelle. This was beautiful! I think the song fit perfectly :). It was especially touching for us at this point because our little Violet was born just a week ago. We could only imagine how you felt. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful celebration of life and love! You are so brave. To me, it highlights how senseless and inhumane abortion is when performed for no other reason than an unwanted pregnancy. You've shown that life in this world is a beautiful gift, so matter how short. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle,

    My name is Becky Beck. I found your blog because I noticed I was getting some traffic to my blog (www.kevinbeckyfam.blogspot.com) through yours. Thank you for sharing your sweet experiences with your Leif and Erik. What a beautiful song and video. I am grateful that my experiences were able to help you on some level. There is no way to really prepare for the loss of a child and the months that follow. Little things still trigger grief in me over the loss of our son and I've come to really appreciate those moments as they remind me that he is real and he is ours. I hope you will continue to heal and that you'll have the peace of the Savior with you always. -Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. This song meant a lot to us in the loss of our twins as well. I was on bedrest for 5 days knowing that it was just a matter of time until they came (prematurely) so we really connected to the feeling of trying to enjoy every second we had with them. What a beautiful video and beautiful boys.

    P.S. I followed your blog from your link on Share's facebook page. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete