Monday, October 1, 2012

All Packed

Originally posted: September 14th, 2012


I just wanted to share the things we've put together for the arrival of Leif and Erik. My aunt sent us the hats and my mom crocheted sweaters (just like she did for my oldest son's baby blessing). I bought the white gowns online. They snap all the way down the front so that we can snap them together Into one gown. Someone who has had a similar experience suggested we get a lotion to use on the day of the birth so we can have a "smell memory" of our time with the boys. Smell memories are supposed to be really strong. I found the "viking" material for the blanket online. I really like it even though at first we thought it might be a little "over the top." Angel Watch will turn the blanket into keepsake teddy bears for us. Lastly, we wanted to be able to make sure we could distinguish the twins, so we decided to get engraved medical bracelets. One side has their name and the other side has the meaning. I spent a lot of time fretting over picking out all these things, but I'm happy with how it all turned out. I can't tell you how much time I spent smelling lotions.


So, I think we are prepared as we can be. I'm a planner and it's hard for me not to stress over every little detail. Right after we had the delivery scheduled I was really anxious about it all. Finally I let myself have a good cry and poured my heart out in prayer. I realized that we've done everything we can. There are many things out of our control. I realized I'd feel much better if I let go of all the expectations I was building up in my mind and trusted God. We want to have the experience He means for us to have on Tuesday.


Good old scripture mastery: Proverbs 3:5-6

                Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
                In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Along with: Doctrine and Covenants 6:36

                Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.

No comments:

Post a Comment